See this piece hanging in the Blank Space Cafe, Newton!
The base artwork image is 'Sunsets Lovers'. Sunset Lovers represents the story of our precious memories of taking in those beautiful sunsets. With family, friends, or simply by yourself, there's certainly something special about sunset gazing. On a deeper level, watching the sun go down for me has been a meditative process. Every sunset is different and for those few minutes you’re captivated by the raw and natural beauty, and the incredible colors of Country which draw you in.
This sand artwork was created on the beautiful Boonwurrung Coastline of Rye (Beach Sixteen).
Gerard then hand-painted his designs over the top in a process that took over 40 hours to complete. In Gerard’s work he chose to tell this story:
"The story you see painted is already in the land, it is a part of the spirit and energy of our ancestors and creator spirits, I separate myself and my mind and open it to receive this energy. I remember my Uncle telling me that our energy and the energy of our ancestors and creator spirits are still here and all around us, they are imparted into the trees, rocks, water sand and soil and flow through the wind we breathe. If you truly look and listen you can see and hear them, and feel their touch and guidance in the wind and water As I looked into Lowey’s image there he was in all his brilliance: Bunjil, showing his spirit, flying across the sea and onto the land, his wings stretched out across the sand, his head in the rock and tail feathers in the sea. This is such a special gift and I am just here to bring Bunjil’s Spirit onto the canvas. Being a saltwater man, the realm where Lowell creates his beautiful artworks in the sand resonates with me and I can feel the energy of the saltwater spirits."
- Artwork: Salty One X Gerard Black Baiyami Art ‘Sunset Lovers’ Collaboration 1/1 A.P print.
- Substrate: Hahnemühle Daguerre Canvas 400 gsm
- Medium: Sand art created on the beach with drone photography + Acrylic paint on canvas.
- Size: L-2120mm x H-1145mm x W-55mm
- Frame: Raw Tassie Oak float frame with a Feast Watson Soft Wax stain.
- Please note: This price does not include shipping. Once purchased, Salty One will be in touch to discuss your shipping options and prices.